Tuesday, March 30, 2010

asparagus with balsamic butter sauce

i can't believe i'm going to say this out loud, but i've got to get something off of my chest:

i am sick of asparagus.

whew. i feel better now.

that's really hard for me to say because it's such a weird thing to say... it's almost as bad as me saying i'm sick of diet mountain dew or reese's peanut butter cups, right?

i contribute to a produce co-op, and every week for the last 2 months or so, i've gotten 1-2 bunches of asparagus. this is my favorite recipe. preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

*1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
*1-2 T olive oil

place asparagus on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. roast for 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness.

melt together:

*4 T butter
*2 T soy sauce
*2 t. balsamic vinegar

drizzle butter sauce over roasted asparagus and serve.

yum.

4 comments:

annikab said...

I will be remembering this post and trying it as soon as I can!! thanks jess!

Connie Weiss said...

That sounds so good! I'm sick of it too because it was one of my regular veggies on the hCG diet. I can't look a cucumber in the eye anymore either.

rtfgvb7820 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Jay said...

Good stuff. Thank you so so much for sharing your knowledge with the world through the Internet. Wonderful blog and post you got here
HCG Diet