Tuesday, March 30, 2010

asparagus with balsamic butter sauce

i can't believe i'm going to say this out loud, but i've got to get something off of my chest:

i am sick of asparagus.

whew. i feel better now.

that's really hard for me to say because it's such a weird thing to say... it's almost as bad as me saying i'm sick of diet mountain dew or reese's peanut butter cups, right?

i contribute to a produce co-op, and every week for the last 2 months or so, i've gotten 1-2 bunches of asparagus. this is my favorite recipe. preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

*1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
*1-2 T olive oil

place asparagus on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. roast for 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness.

melt together:

*4 T butter
*2 T soy sauce
*2 t. balsamic vinegar

drizzle butter sauce over roasted asparagus and serve.

yum.

2 comments:

annikab said...

I will be remembering this post and trying it as soon as I can!! thanks jess!

Connie said...

That sounds so good! I'm sick of it too because it was one of my regular veggies on the hCG diet. I can't look a cucumber in the eye anymore either.